Rick's Take

Legal News of Note, Public Policy Commentary, and Other Items of Interest.

You Cannot Be Awarded Money Damages For Violation Of Your State Constitutional Rights

It’s true. Under current New Hampshire law, you cannot sue the government for money damages when your rights are violated. Few people realize that this is the law in New Hampshire, but it is.

The New Hampshire Senate is currently considering a bill, SB 36, that would allow New Hampshire citizens to recover damages for violation of their state constitutional rights.

My testimony in support of this bill is here:

Rick Lehmann